- Put meat items in the coldest part of the refrigerator, usually the meat drawer; low 30s for temperature.
- Our markets use deli bags to wrap the products. This special type of bag is an excellent substitution for paper.
- Leave meat items wrapped in the wax paper/deli bag that you receive them and rewrap in the same. Wrap
- Lunch meat can become sticky if it’s wrapped directly in plastic wrap, tin foil, or plastic bags. Wrap first in paper
or deli bag.
- If you put wrapped meats in a plastic bag, fold over the end but do not seal the bag.
- Moisture helps to speed up the growth of bacteria, therefore a product such as turkey (more moisture) will not last as long as Lebanon bologna (drier).